Generously Sponsored by the Enkin Family.
Award Submission Guidelines:
- This play must be intended for young audiences.
- The playwright must be a full or supporting member of Playwrights Guild of Canada in good standing.
- Be a minimum of 30 minutes in length.
- The play may have had a premiere production between May 1st, 2020 and May 1st, 2021 OR is a brand new script with no production history.
- Be written in English or be the first Canadian production of a play translated in to English.
- An original work
- Permission for any copyrighted material has been obtained
- Musicals are not accepted. If your submission is a musical, please submit to the Dan School of Drama & Music Musical Award. TYA musicals are accepted for the Dan School of Drama & Music Musical Award.
- Adaptations are accepted, but must involve substantial changes in form and/or expression. If the adapted work is not in the public domain, the playwright must include written permission from the original creator.
If there is more than one author (including co-writer, composer, etc) all authors must be included on the application form, but only one must be a full member of PGC.
Questions? Contact Mindy Doherty Griffiths, Public Relations Manager for Playwrights Guild of Canada at 416-703-0201, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Complete application forms must be submitted by May 5th 2021 at 11:59pm.
The entry fee is $21.50 per title entered. No Refunds for incorrect submissions.