Generously Sponsored by PGC.
Award Submission Guidelines:
- This play must be intended for young audiences.
- The main applicant must be a full or supporting member of Playwrights Guild of Canada in good standing.
- The play must be a minimum of 30 minutes in length.
- The play may have had a premiere production between May 1st, 2021 and May 16th, 2022 OR is a brand new script with no production history.
- The play must be written in English or be the first English translation.
- The play must be an original work or an adaptation.
- Adaptations are accepted, but must involve substantial changes in form and/or expression. If the adapted work is not in the public domain, the playwright must include written permission from the original creator.
- Permission for any copyrighted material has been obtained.
- Musicals are not accepted. If your submission is a musical, please submit to the Dan School of Drama & Music Musical Award. TYA musicals are accepted for the Dan School of Drama & Music Musical Award.
- You cannot submit this play for any other award category at the Tom Hendry Awards (Drama, TYA, Emerging, etc.)
- This play cannot have been previously submitted unless it has been heavily revised with major changes made to the script.
- If there is more than one author (including co-writer, composer, etc) all authors must be included on the application form, but only one must be a full member of PGC.
Questions? Contact Mindy Doherty Griffiths, Public Relations Manager for Playwrights Guild of Canada at 416-703-0201, or email email@example.com
Please note that our staff does not work on Saturday or Sunday and cannot respond to your questions during that time.
DEADLINE: Complete application forms must be submitted by May 16th 2022 at 11:59pm Pacific Time.
The entry fee is $21.50 per title entered. No Refunds for incorrect submissions.
PGC cannot provide feedback for plays submitted to this award.