Generously Sponsored by PGC.
Award Submission Guidelines:
- This play must be intended for young audiences.
- The main applicant must be a full or supporting member of Playwrights Guild of Canada in good standing.
- The play must be a minimum of 30 minutes in length.
- The play may have had a premiere production between April 3rd, 2023 and March 1st, 2024 OR is a brand new script with no production history.
- The play must be written in English or be an English translation.
- The play must be an original work or an adaptation.
- Adaptations are accepted, but must involve substantial changes in form and/or expression. If the adapted work is not in the public domain, the playwright must include written permission from the original creator.
- Permission for any copyrighted material has been obtained.
- Musicals are not accepted. If your submission is a musical, please submit to the Dan School of Drama & Music Musical Award. TYA musicals are accepted for the Dan School of Drama & Music Musical Award.
- You cannot submit this play for any other award category at the Tom Hendry Awards (Drama, TYA, Emerging, etc.)
- This play cannot have been previously submitted unless it has been heavily revised with major changes made to the script.
- If there is more than one author (including co-writer, composer, etc) all authors must be included on the application form, but only one must be a full member of PGC.
- If music, of which the playwright submitting is not the creator, written permission(s) must be provided for the use of the music in their script.
Questions? Contact Mindy Doherty Griffiths, Public Relations Manager for Playwrights Guild of Canada at 416-703-0201, or email email@example.com
Please note that our staff does not work on Saturday or Sunday and cannot respond to your questions during that time.
DEADLINE: Complete application forms must be submitted by March 21st 2024 at 11:59pm Pacific Time.
The entry fee is $24.50 per title entered. No Refunds for incorrect submissions.
PGC cannot provide feedback for plays submitted to this award.
There are two steps for the submission process this year.
Step 1: Please click on the link to access the registration form with details pertaining to your submission. Once your membership has been verified, you will then move onto step two.
Step 2: You will receive a link to the email address you provided in your submission form for uploading your play and paying the submission application fee.
Submissions open February 5th, 2024 and close March 21st, 2024 at 11:59pm Pacific time.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered for an award. Once an entry has been submitted, it cannot be changed, updated, or otherwise altered in any way. Entrants seeking to correct errors or provide updates must re-submit again using the same process as the first entry (including the fee).
If this form does not meet your visual or accessibility needs, or if you require a different format, we are happy to assist with a different process. Please call our office at 416-703-0201, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not a Member of PGC? Click HERE for Membership.