When you become a PGC member, you get an entire team behind you that works with and for you to support, promote and protect both you and your dramatic works. Let us take care of the business-side of playwriting for you, so that you can focus on the writing. Learn about the benefits below and join our growing community.
PGC’s full membership is open to individuals who fulfill at least one of the following criteria:
- You have written, collectively written, adapted, or translated a play, musical book, or libretto that was produced by a professional theatre, or by a company or festival that receives funding from a municipal, provincial, territorial, or national arts-funding body for a full-length run.
- You have written, collectively written, adapted, or translated a play, musical book, or libretto for which the work’s production met all of the following criteria:
- the decision to present the work was made by a jury of professional peers or an artistic director;
- the play was presented for a minimum of six performances;
- the production was open to the public, tickets were sold, and the playwright was paid (shares are an acceptable form of payment).
If you’re currently attending an academic institution, you can become a student member of PGC, and receive benefits such as using PGC/PACT negotiated production contracts, consultation on production contracts and artist rights’, promotion of your professional and amateur works, eligibility for Tom Hendry Awards, and subscription to the monthly membership newsletter.
This membership package is designed for individuals who do not qualify for full membership. Supporting members are eligible for the Tom Hendry Awards; they have access to PACT/PGC negotiated production contracts, as well as PGC’s resource materials, and membership newsletters; in addition to consultation on business matters and artists’ rights; and the promotion of your work.
How can I pay for my membership?
You may pay by cash, credit card, cheque, or electronic fund transfer.
How long is my membership term?
Membership covers a one-year (365 day) period, starting from the time of activation.
How do I renew my existing membership?
You can log in to your membership account and access your payment details there to update your account.