From our modest beginnings in 1972, a time when “Canadian theatre” was in its infancy to our current position as our nation’s most recognized organization serving the business, community and advocacy needs of Canadian playwrights, our focus has remained the same: to enhance the lives of playwrights so that they can tell their stories.
PGC is an organization that:
- Is inclusive and representative (geography, diverse backgrounds, age, stage of development, gender and sexual orientation);
- Maintains the standards and practices of the profession;
- Affirms the importance of playwriting as an art;
- Safeguards freedom of expression in Canadian theatres;
- Contributes to the development of the art form;
- Strives to remain relevant within the larger community.
We champion the role of the playwright in the creation of vibrant Canadian theatre.
To advance the creative rights and interests of professional Canadian playwrights, promote Canadian plays nationally and internationally, and foster an active, evolving community of writers for the stage.
Nancy Morgan, Executive Director – email@example.com
Rebecca Burton, Membership & Contracts Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Duncan, Program Manager – email@example.com
Mindy Doherty Griffiths, Public Relations Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Rechenberg, Administrator – email@example.com
Monique Renaud, Bookkeeper
Chris Tolley, President
Alexandria Haber, Vice President
Wren Brian, Treasurer
Amiel Gladstone, Contracts Committee Chair
Kelley Jo Burke: Women’s Caucus Chair
Brandon Crone: Trans, Two-Spirit, Non-Binary Steering Committee Liaison
David S. Craig: TYA Committee Chair