Funding for the award is generously sponsored by The Arts and Letters Club of Toronto Foundation.
Award Submission Guidelines:
- Applicants for this award need to be under the age of 30 at time of submission, reside within the Greater Toronto Area, and be a full time secondary or post-secondary student.
- Applicants for this award DO NOT need to be PGC members. If you are not already a PGC member, you will receive a Student Membership once your submission has been received.
- This award is for one-act plays of no more than 60 minutes performance length.
- Plays must not have been previously staged except at school readings. The receipt of all submissions will be acknowledged electronically.
- The submitted play can be an original work, a translation (see note below), or an adaptation.
- The submitted play must be written in English or be the first English translation.
- Adaptations are accepted, but must involve substantial changes in form and/or expression. If the adapted work is not in the public domain, the playwright must include written permission from the original creator.
- Permission for any copyrighted material needs to be obtained before submission.
- If there is more than one author (including co-writer, composer, etc) all authors must be included on the application form, but only one will receive the student membership.
- If you are submitting a play with music, you can provide up to 5 music samples.
Questions? Contact Mindy Doherty Griffiths, Public Relations Manager for Playwrights Guild of Canada at 416-703-0201, or email email@example.com
Please note that our staff does not work on Saturday or Sunday and cannot respond to your questions during that time.
DEADLINE: Complete application forms must be submitted by April 3rd 2023 at 11:59pm EST.
The entry fee is $21.50 per title entered. This entry fee also pays for your Student Membership for one year with PGC. No Refunds for incorrect submissions.
PGC cannot provide feedback for plays submitted to this award.