First Place Prize: $2,000, plus a 6 month Mentorship
Second Place Prize: $1,000
Third Place Prize: $500
All prizes and programming have been generously sponsored by RBC Emerging Artists Fund.
Award Submission Guidelines:
- Submissions are open for any Supporting or Student member of Playwrights Guild of Canada in good standing who have never had a professional production and have never been full members of PGC.
- The playwright (and the play) must not yet have had a professional production. The play could have been workshopped, but it hasn’t had a professional production. If it has been produced during the Fringe it is still considered eligible. Please contact PGC for plays that have been selected for further production (i.e. Toronto Fringe’s Next Stage Festival) or juried festivals such as SummerWorks.
- Be a minimum of 60 minutes in length
- Be written in English or be the first Canadian production of a play translated into English. Please note: If the winning play is an English translation and both creators are PGC members, the playwright and translator will split the award evenly.
- Theatre for Young Audience plays will not be accepted. There is another award for TYA applicants.
- An original work.
- Permission for any copyrighted material has been obtained.
- Adaptations are accepted, but must involve substantial changes in form and/or expression. If the adapted work is not in the public domain, the playwright must include written permission from the original creator.
- Plays that were submitted to the 2020 Award program are ineligible unless substantial changes have been made.
Questions? Contact Mindy Doherty Griffiths, Public Relations Manager for Playwrights Guild of Canada at 416-703-0201, or email email@example.com
DEADLINE: Complete application forms must be submitted by May 5th 2021 at 11:59pm.
The entry fee is $21.50 per title entered. No Refunds for incorrect submissions.