Generously sponsored by the Dan School of Drama & Music, at Queen’s University.
Award Submission Guidelines:
- The playwright must be a full or supporting member of Playwrights Guild of Canada in good standing. (Faculty of Queen’s University and The Dan School of Drama &Music are not permitted to apply for this award.).
- Be a minimum of 60 minutes in length.
- The play has not yet had a premiere production as of May 1st, 2021. The play could have been workshopped, but it hasn’t had a professional production. If it has been produced during the Fringe it is still considered eligible. Please contact PGC for plays that have been selected for further production (i.e. Toronto Fringe’s Next Stage Festival) or juried festivals such as SummerWorks.
- The work must be written in English or be the first Canadian production of a play translated into English. Please note: If the winning play is an English translation and both creators are PGC members, the playwright and translator will split the award evenly.
- Theatre for Young Audience plays will be accepted.
- An original work.
- Adaptations are accepted, but must involve substantial changes in form and/or expression. If the adapted work is not in the public domain, the playwright must include written permission from the original creator.
- Plays that were submitted to the 2020 Award program are ineligible unless substantial changes have been made.
- Provide recordings of 5 sections from various songs, (up to 10 minutes maximum of total music submitted).
The sections do not need to represent 5 different songs. The recordings do not need to be professionally recorded (piano & vocals will suffice). This is to give the jury an idea of tone. Each song selection should be in .wav format. More examples provided help give the jury more to base their decision on.
- All scripts and song selections are read and listened to blind. This means that all names and identifying features must be removed prior to submission.
Questions? Contact Mindy Doherty Griffiths, Public Relations Manager for Playwrights Guild of Canada at 416-703-0201, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Complete application forms must be submitted by May 5th 2021 at 11:59pm EST.
The entry fee is $21.50 per title entered. No Refunds for incorrect submissions.
Submissions have now closed. If you need to contact someone about your submission, please email email@example.com.