Generously sponsored by PGC.
Award Submission Guidelines:
- The playwright must be a full or supporting member of Playwrights Guild of Canada in good standing.
- Be a minimum of 60 minutes in length.
- The play has not yet had a premiere production as of May 16, 2022. The play could have been workshopped, but it hasn’t had a full production. If it has been produced during the Fringe it is still considered eligible. Please contact PGC for plays that have been selected for further production (i.e. Toronto Fringe’s Next Stage Festival) or juried festivals such as SummerWorks.
- Be written in English or be the first Canadian production of a play translated into English. Please note: If the winning play is an English translation and both creators are PGC members, the playwright and translator will split the award evenly.
- You cannot submit this play for any other award at the Tom Hendry Awards (Drama, TYA, Musicals, Emerging, etc.)
- An original work.
- Permission for any copyrighted material has been obtained.
- Adaptations are accepted, but must involve substantial changes in form and/or expression. If the adapted work is not in the public domain, the playwright must include written permission from the original creator.
- Plays that were submitted to the 2021 Award program are ineligible unless substantial changes have been made.
Questions? Contact Mindy Doherty Griffiths, Public Relations Manager for Playwrights Guild of Canada at 416-703-0201, or email email@example.com
Please note that our staff does not work on Saturday or Sunday and cannot respond to your questions during that time.
DEADLINE: Complete application forms must be submitted by May 16th 2022 at 11:59pm Pacific Time.
The entry fee is $21.50 per title entered. No Refunds for incorrect submissions.
PGC cannot provide feedback for plays submitted to this award.