Playwrights Guild of Canada and the Canadian Play Outlet are pleased to be able to offer sample copies of scripts written by our members that are available in the CPO.
We are currently only offering sample scripts to those who are considering using the content for a future production, reading or for educational purposes, not for general interest. Sample scripts are available by request only– to submit a request, please fill out the form below.
Our goal in this, as with the Play Distribution Program generally, is to generate new relationships for our members with producers, educators and the wider theatre community.
Please note the following:
- This program applies only to digital copyscripts from the Canadian Play Outlet. We are unable to provide sample copies of plays published by other publishers;
- Response times for requests may vary, as we will contact our playwright members directly for permission when a sample is requested. Playwrights will receive all information provided with a request;
- PGC’s sample scripts consist of a portion of the script in order to provide a sense of writing style and tone. Full scripts are available only for purchase through the Canadian Play Outlet;
- Sample scripts are shared through Google Drive, cannot be printed/copied/edited/shared, and will expire after 30 days;
- There is no fee to receive a perusal script, however we encourage those who receive a sample script to make a small, optional donation to PGC to reflect administrative costs and the value of our members’ works
If you have any questions about scripts, please contact email@example.com.
To see our full collection of Canadian plays, visit the Canadian Play Outlet.