Funding for the award is generously sponsored by Playwrights Canada Press, Pat the Dog Theatre Creation, Playwrights’ Atlantic Resource Centre, PTC- Playwrights Theatre Centre, Saskatchewan Playwrights Centre, Alberta Playwrights Network and Playwrights Guild of Canada.
Award Submission Guidelines:
- The playwright must be a full member of Playwrights Guild of Canada in good standing.
- Be a minimum of 60 minutes in length.
- The play will have had a premiere production by a professional theatre company between May 1st, 2018 and May 16th, 2019.
- Be written in English or be the first Canadian production of a play translated in to English.
- An original work
- Permission for any copyrighted material has been obtained
- Theatre for Young Audiences plays are not accepted. There is a separate award for TYA applications.
- Adaptations are accepted, but must involve substantial changes in form and/or expression. If the adapted work is not in the public domain, the playwright must include written permission from the original creator.
- If there is more than one author (including co-writer, composer, etc) all authors must be included on the application form, but only one must be a full member of PGC.
- If you are submitting a musical, provide a recording of at least 5 different song excerpts.
- A blind submission is not necessary for this award. The creator’s name should be visible on the script.
The recordings do not need to be professionally recorded (piano & vocals will suffice). This is to give the jury an idea of tone. Each song selection should be under a minute and in .wav format.
Questions? Contact Monique Renaud, Public Relations Manager for Playwrights Guild of Canada at 416-703-0201, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Complete application forms must be submitted by May 16th 2019 at 11:59pm.
The entry fee is $21.50 per title entered. No Refunds for incorrect submissions.