Generously sponsored by Manitoba Association of Playwrights (MAP), Playwrights Atlantic Resource Centre (PARC), Playwrights Canada Press (PLCN), Playwrights’ Workshop Montreal (PWM), The Playwrights Theatre Centre (PTC), and Playwrights Guild of Canada (PGC).
Award Submission Guidelines:
- The playwright must be a full or supporting member of PGC in good standing.
- The submitted play must be at least 60-minutes in length.
- The play has not yet had a professional premiere production as of May 1st, 2021. The play may have been workshopped, but it hasn’t received a full production. If the work has been produced for a Fringe Festival, it is considered eligible. Please contact PGC for plays that have been selected for further production (e.g. Toronto Fringe’s Next Stage Festival or juried festivals such as SummerWorks).
- The play has not been published.
- The play must be written in English or be the first Canadian production of a play translated into English. Please note: If the winning play is an English translation and both creators are PGC members, the playwright and translator will split the award.
- Theatre for Young Audience plays will not be accepted. There is another award for TYA applicants.
- Musical Theatre submissions will not be accepted. There is another award for Musical applicants.
- Comedy submissions will not be accepted. There is another award for Comedy applicants.
- The play must be an original work.
- Permission for any copyrighted material included in the play must be obtained.
- Adaptations are accepted, but must involve substantial changes in form and/or expression. If the adapted work is not in the public domain, the playwright must include written permission from the original creator(s).
Questions? Contact Mindy Doherty Griffiths, Public Relations Manager for Playwrights Guild of Canada at 416-703-0201, or email email@example.com
DEADLINE: Complete application forms must be submitted by May 5th 2021 at 11:59pm.
The entry fee is $21.50 per title entered. No Refunds for incorrect submissions.