Deadline: None listed
Announced by the National Arts Centre last December, to support the creation of new Canadian work in theatre, dance and music. This Fund will invest $3 million a year in 15 to 20 compelling and ambitious new works that have strong artistic teams and strong producing partners, and that are likely to have national and international impact.
projects should meet the following criteria:
- They are led by Canadian creators in theatre, dance, and music;
- They are artistically ambitious and compelling;
- They have a strong artistic team and a strong producing or presenting partner; and
- They are likely to have a national or international impact.
Proposals should be comprised of 2-3 pages outlining your project, how it fits our criteria, and how the National Creation Fund will make your project even better
Proposals should include the following information:
- Your artistic team:Who are the key creators, and what work have they done?
- Your producing and presenting partners:Who are the companies or organizations committed to putting your work on the stage?
- A description of your project, both on an artistic and a practical level: excite us about your artistic vision, but also tell us about the technical and production plans.
- Your development plans and a timeline:Tell us how the work will be created, and over what period – research, residencies, workshops, public showings, presentations. We expect that most successful projects will be in development for several years. What are your long-term ambitions for the work?
- Your budget:Just the broad strokes at this stage, identifying the anticipated development costs, estimated presentation costs, and your confirmed and anticipated sources of revenue.
- A statement of what you are looking for from the NCF:How will our investment make your project better?
- no fixed deadlines for submissions
- after submitting, you’ll hear from us in 4-6 weeks, whether your project will move forward to the next phase
Click here to view the website and to join the email list.