Generously sponsored by Stage West Restaurant.
Award Submission Guidelines:
- The playwright must be a full or supporting member of Playwrights Guild of Canada in good standing.
- Be a minimum of 60 minutes in length.
- The play has not yet had a premiere production as of June 30, 2019. The play could have been workshopped, but it hasn’t had a professional production. If it has been produced during the Fringe it is still considered eligible. Please contact PGC for plays that have been selected for further production (i.e. Toronto Fringe’s Next Stage Festival) or juried festivals such as SummerWorks.
- Be written in English or be the first Canadian production of a play translated into English. Please note: If the winning play is an English translation and both creators are PGC members, the playwright and translator will split the award evenly.
- Theatre for Young Audience plays will be accepted.
- An original work.
- Adaptations are accepted, but must involve substantial changes in form and/or expression. If the adapted work is not in the public domain, the playwright must include written permission from the original creator.
- Plays that were submitted to the 2018 Award program are ineligible unless substantial changes have been made.
- Provide recordings of 5 sections from various songs.
The sections do not need to represent 5 different songs. The recordings do not need to be professionally recorded (piano & vocals will suffice). This is to give the jury an idea of tone. Each song selection should be UNDER A MINUTE and in .wav format. More examples provided help give the jury more to base their decision on.
Questions? Contact Monique Renaud, Public Relations Manager for Playwrights Guild of Canada at 416-703-0201, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Complete application forms must be submitted by May 16th 2019 at 11:59pm.
The entry fee is $21.50 per title entered. No Refunds for incorrect submissions.
The 2019 award submissions will open on January 16th.