Funding for the award is generously sponsored by The Arts and Letters Club of Toronto Foundation.
Award Submission Guidelines:
Applicants for this award need to be under the age of 30 at time of submission, who resides within the Greater Toronto Area and is pursuing post secondary education.
Applicants for this award DO NOT need to be PGC members. If you are not already a PGC member, you will receive a Student Membership once your submission has been received.
Submissions will be one-act plays of no more than 60 minutes performance length. Musical Plays will be eligible as well as Dramatic. Plays must not have been previously staged except at school readings. The receipt of all submissions will be acknowledged electronically.
- Be written in English or be the first Canadian production of a play translated in to English.
- An original work
- Permission for any copyrighted material has been obtained
- Adaptations are accepted, but must involve substantial changes in form and/or expression. If the adapted work is not in the public domain, the playwright must include written permission from the original creator.
- If there is more than one author (including co-writer, composer, etc) all authors must be included on the application form, but only one will receive the student membership.
- If you are submitting a musical, provide recordings of 5 sections from various songs.
The sections do not need to represent 5 different songs. The recordings do not need to be professionally recorded (piano & vocals will suffice). This is to give the jury an idea of tone. Each song selection should be under a minute and in .wav format.
Questions? Contact Leila Darragh, Project Coordinator for Playwrights Guild of Canada at 416-703-0201, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Complete application forms must be submitted by May 16th 2019 at 11:59pm.
The entry fee is $21.50 per title entered. This entry fee also pays for your Student Membership for one year with PGC. No Refunds for incorrect submissions.